In life, we all find that we someday say things that we never thought we would say, especially when we become moms. Like "don't put that in your mouth", "don't wipe your nose with your hand, get a tissue", and "don't eat that, you'll get worms". Today, however, was one of those days when I spoke a phrase I feel certain NO MOTHER has ever uttered and certainly trumps the "don'ts" I just listed. Are you ready for this?
"Did you just wipe your nose with a
chicken nugget...and then eat it???"
Yes, I'm serious. We were eating lunch and Kennedy didn't have a clean napkin (she had already used hers several times to wipe her nose). Her nose was running - again - so, instead of asking for a tissue or another napkin, she just picked up a chicken nugget from her plate, used it to wipe the snot running down her lip (a unique dipping sauce, don't you think), then popped the nugget into her mouth. Are you kidding me???? I didn't even raise my voice when I asked the above question, because I was in such awe and amazement at what I had just seen. This was my daughter...my sweet little princess-wanna-be daughter. I didn't even know what to say to her after she answered the question in the affirmative. The only think I could think of was "I don't think a princess would do such a thing, do you?" She shook her head no. Then I tried to hold back the laughter, because I was trying to think of what you would title a fairytale about a chicken-nugget-snot-wiping princess.



3 comments:
Well I'm trying so hard not to gag that my eyes are watering...
There's a Disney movie in there somewhere.
OH. MY. So funny! The most ironic thing to me is that I am not that grossed out by it. Motherhood will do that to you. Goodbye weak stomach, hello unshockable stomach!!! :)
Post a Comment