March 2, 2010

Randomness...

~ About two and a half weeks ago, I took Kate to the doctor for what I was sure was an ear infection.  Dr. Mom was correct.  That was on a Wednesday.  Then on Friday of the same week, Shep went in...ear infection.  A week later, on Friday, both Kennedy & Jude...ear infection.  The day before, on Thursday, me...sinus infection.  So, we are finally finishing up everyone's antibiotics around here and I thought everyone was on the mend.  This morning, while eating a banana, Jude threw up all over the kitchen floor.  Yesterday, Kate, Jude & I had a touch of a stomach bug, but I thought we were all ok.  Apparently, Jude's was a bit more than a touch.  But, he seems to be feeling better now.  Hopefully, he'll be ok for the rest of the day and we will make the "no puking for 24 hours" mark so he can go to school tomorrow.  We will just have to wait and see how he is feeling though.

~ Can't believe that kindergarten registration is in a couple of weeks for Kennedy.  We are going to go ahead and enroll her in public school even though we are less than thrilled with what we know about the elementary school she would be going to.  We were told by the Conway Public Schools Admin Office we can fill out a "zone waiver request" in June to transfer to a different school.  However, we are still not sure we are even going to send her to public school...just going to go ahead and enroll just in case.  We can always withdraw if we decide to do something different (private or home school).

~ Today we are having a Pajama Party at the Condrays.  It was Kennedy's request.  That means that all the kids are still in their jammies and I even put jammies on after I got out of the shower and blow dried my hair.  Kennedy wants to watch a movie today and eat popcorn.  I told her that sounded like a GREAT idea.

~ Kate's talking/vocabulary is improving almost daily.  It's really fun to watch.  She says: I love you, Daddy, Mommy, Ninny (Kennedy), Jew (Jude), Baby (Shep), Naney (Janey), Poppa, DadDad (GrandDad), Me, I do too, Please, Thank You, More, Eat, Juice (sounds exactly like Jude), Moo, Ruff Ruff, Eye, Ear, Nose, No, GO, Milk, Night Night, TeeTee, Diaper, Bed, Phoebe (sounds a lot like Baby),

~ Still working out at curves.  Try to get in at least 3 workouts a week and do pretty well with that goal most of the time thanks to my wonderful husband.  Do the weigh and measure thing once a month and at last check I was doing well.  We'll just leave it at that.  (o: I try not to eat sweets during the week, I drink lots of water and some crystal light, and I try to keep my snacks to 100 calories or less.

~ Have felt a burden in my heart for several years now to work in women's ministry and it is finally happening slowly.  Honestly, I ran from it for quite some time.  We have some great things going on at church in the coming months and I am very excited.  One thing that I would ask prayer for is an event in April during which I am doing the devo.  I do not speak in front of crowds well and I have NEVER taught a devo.  I have led Bible studies and even taught some children and teens, but the material was always provided.  However, God and me are doing this one without the help of LifeWay and I am SCARED.  I know I shouldn't be, but I am just a wreck.  Please pray for/with me as I study & prepare.  The event is April 24th.  It's called Gab & Grab and you are all invited!  (o:

~ The PbyP business is really going well.  Hit a lull after Christmas, as is expected, but I am getting busy again doing lots of embroidery and painting.  Please check out the site for my latest work and a give-a-way that ends this weekend.

~ The ITK blog is so much fun.  I know I don't have a whole lot of knowledge and skill in the kitchen and I'll never have my own show or write my own cookbook.  BUT, I love to cook and I love to talk about food and cooking.  Everytime I post on that blog and someone comments that they are reading it or making something I posted, I am so thrilled.  I love helping people out with stuff in the kitchen.  Plus, it really lights a fire under my backside to be more creative in the kitchen.  I love trying new stuff in the kitchen and it gives me a good excuse.  (o:

~ My parents are remodeling their house...all of it...every single room!  So, it makes it difficult, at best, for us to make a trip of any length to visit that side of the fam.  We made a day trip a couple of weeks ago, and it was nothing short of exhausting.  Don't think we'll be doing that again any time soon.  I am anxious for the work to be complete, or at least to the next stage...so we can go visit and because I know my parents are anxious as well.  They deserve this and I am so excited for them.  I can't wait to see it all done and watch them enjoy it.

~ Been working on tax stuff and only have one more document to obtain, then it's off to the accountant so she can tell us how much we owe the government.  Don't you just love this time of year?!?!  We DO live in a fantastic nation though...it's just the government that scares me.  (o:

~ Shep is almost 7 months old now.  He is growing up so fast.  I will try and get his 6 month stats posted today as well.

~ Recently filled out preschool registration forms for Jude and Kate for the 10-11 school year.  WOW!  I can't believe it is time for Kate to start preschool.  She is the one that should be about 6-7 months old.

That's about all I can come up with for this post.  I thought that maybe if I just started typing I would find inspiration.  Not so much.  If you did read this entire post, then God bless you for hanging in there with me.  Love ya!

2 comments:

Lamar and Rachel Keller said...

I will be praying for the school issue. I feel strongly about that stuff, too; I understand.

Oh...did you see? We're going to Amsterdam!!

Miss you.

PS: Have I won that awesome bag yet? :)

Anonymous said...

I hung in there, but i wasn't hanging, i love the updates on the Condray world. I miss you guys. And i'm all for the homeschooling, we do turn out normal! lol