February 27, 2010

What Momma says...

This is just a sampling of what I say during meal time:

Turn around and face forward in your chair please.
Put down your cup and eat.
Turn around and face forward in your chair please.
Quit talking and eat.
Please don't touch my shirt with sticky hands.
I know you don't want the apples.  Good.  That's more for us.
Turn around and face forward in your chair please.
Eat what is on your plate, then you can have some more.
Don't talk with food in your mouth.
Turn around and face forward in your chair please.
Yes, you have to eat some of it.
You don't know if you don't like it.  You've never tried it.
Yes, it's good.
I really don't want to see the food after you put it in your mouth.
Use your napkin...not your shirt or your pants.
Turn around and face forward in your chair PLEASE.
Use your fork not your fingers.
You can have more bacon when you finish the piece you have in your hand.
Use your fork not your FINGERS!!!!
Turn around and face FORWARD IN YOUR CHAIR!!!!
Finish chewing your food, then tell us your story.
Don't put your hands in your hair while you are eating. This is not a salon.
Take a bite, don't lick the bacon.
Turn around AND FACE FORWARD IN YOUR CHAIR!
Use your napkin.
Please don't touch me with your sticky fingers.
I love you too...now EAT!
TURN AROUND AND FACE FORWARD IN YOUR CHAIR!
No, you may not have more juice until you eat some more.  You will fill up on juice and then not eat.
Use your fork, NOT YOUR FINGERS!
How old are you?
Yes, I love you.  Please EAT!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I want to know at what age they really do start facing forward and not turning around in their chairs?!?! For heaven's sake!! :) This made me laugh!

Nic said...

LOL!! My stomach hurts! Sounds so like us!