This is the bedding that we are going to use when we redo the girls' room this summer. Anyone out there with any decorating sense? If so, please offer suggestions as to what color and how we may paint the walls. I really want it to be unique, creative, bright and a little funky. I have some ideas, but I am stumped as to how to pull it all together. I am hoping that when YOU offer your thoughts it will help me pull it all together in my head. THANK YOU in advance.
Disney with the Dance team!
1 year ago




3 comments:
First, I love it. Second, you know I can't help you because I can't make decisions and I have absolutely no decorating talent whatsoever (which is why you are in charge of my future house, remember?). Third, I think you can never go wrong with decorations that are educational, too. Maybe cool geometric shapes or colorful maps or the periodic table in rainbow colors. :)
I say paint half of the walls in the light green or yellow color. Then paint the bottom half in chalkboard paint. That way you can use all the cute colors in chalk and it gives the girls the freedom to do their own decorating. :)
Here is my 2 cents for what it is worth and since I don't have kids, it may not be worth much. :)There are so many colors in the bedding you could use, and I think all of them would look good, but the ones I would stay away from (from personal experience) red, orange, and the dk. green. I think polka dots always look good with stripes and doesn't make it to "themey". I helped a friend decorate her daughter's room and we painted polka dots on lamps and a few other things and it turned out really cute. Since you are such the artist I'm sure you don't need stuff for the walls, but some good noncommittal items are the circle wall decals and the dot mirrors...when you are tired of them, take them down and you won't have to repaint or strip anything off the walls. There are so many things you could do! I can't wait to see the "after" pictures.
Post a Comment