~ Well, today was back to our normal schedule I guess. Both Kennedy & Jude were at school today - first time for Jude since Monday a week ago. I left the rescue inhaler at school with Jude which thankfully didn't have to be used today. I am going to have to get another chamber and puffer so we can just leave one at school all the time and not have to transport it back and forth every day. Jude was so excited to get to see his friends...he told me this morning he was ready to see Ella, Harrison, Eli, Kyle, Garret & Braden...but mostly Ella. He really misses her when he doesn't see her for a few days. They are too cute!
~ No one has run fever since Monday - knock on wood - and everyone seems to be on the road to recovery. I hope that is truly the case. I am really tired of going to the dr, but oh so thankful for a pediatric office that is so accomodating.
~ Kate, Shep & I went and browsed at Wal-Mart while they were at school. We bought flip-flops for the two older kids and for me and a pair of adorable casual spring maryjanes for Kate. She put them on with her capris in the parking lot right after we left the store.
~ The other night I got out every drug in the house. Why? It was driving me crazy that we had medicine stored in the girls' closet, two places in our bathroom and in the kitchen - in FOUR different places. That is just plain ridiculous. I'm still not 100% sure how it even happened. Nonetheless, I got it all out, put it on the kitchen table and went through everything. I began checking expiration dates and tossing anything that was expired. I was shocked at how much went in the trash. I even found some drugs that expired in 1997!!! Geez Louise! Now everything is neat and tidy in the closet in the master bath. One storage bin for adult meds, one storage bin for kid meds and one storage bin for first-aid. Ah, it is such a comfort to know that everything is in ONE PLACE and everything is IN DATE. Of course, within 48 hours after the event, I needed one of the drugs that I threw away. (o:
~ Yesterday I dug up the daffodils that were planted in a very random rectangle in a very random place in the middle of my front yard. We have lived in the house for 5 years and every spring, I say I am going to dig them up and move them. Every spring, Cary leaves them and just mows around them while I continue to tell him I am going to get them dug up "soon." Every spring, he finally has to mow over them because the grass is getting really tall in and around them and we are starting to look a little trashy. Know what I mean? Well, I finally did it! Laying near my mailbox, there are more than a dozen huge clumps of dirt, each containing more than a dozen bulbs for what we think is daffodils. We have yet to see them bloom because of the annual mowing. My plan is to clean out the bed by the mailbox and plant them all with some shasta daisy seeds in the dirt above them. I am SO excited!
~ While I was digging up flower bulbs, Kennedy was moving the clumps of dirt for me. Kate was walking around and just checking out the lay of the land. Shep was inside the house napping. Jude was collecting, in a solo cup, worms from all the dirt as a result of my digging. I was picking up the worms and putting them in his cup. For those of you who know even a little about me, this was WAY out of my comfort zone. I am a girly girl and really don't like to get my hands dirty. Yay Me! Way to be a "boy mom"!



No comments:
Post a Comment