April 29, 2010

Things you may - or may not - know about me...

My pal Becke' tagged me in her post for today.  So, here are some tidbits you may (or may not) know about me.

1. I have 2 different colors of towels in my master bath...red & blue.  They simply MUST be stacked red, blue, red, blue and so on.  Same thing with the hand towels and wash cloths.  Call it OCD, call it an "issue", call it whatever you want.  It's just who I am.

2. I have 4 different colors of dinner and dessert plates in my kitchen.  Same thing.  Brown, yellow, orange, green, repeat.  (o:

3. I absolutely hate to style/fix my hair.  However, when I have to do it, I am pretty meticulous about making sure it looks a certain way.

4. I always dreamed of having 4 kids - 2 boys, 2 girls.  Most days I wonder what HE saw in me to grant me such a blessing.

5. When I was 14 I had a nose job.

6. I have one sibling - a brother 4 years older (that makes him 40 he he he) and he and his wife are expecting their first child.  I'M SO EXCITED!

7. I don't sort my laundry.  Everything goes into one of two stacks - clothes or sheets/towels.  All clothing gets washed together.

8. I really had a rough time with turning 30 and I worry that I might actually have a mental break when 40 hits.  I have just now excepted that I am over the midway mark in my thirtysomethings.  The men in white coats might have to come get me when I hit the big 4-0!

9. I am extremely insecure about my body and weight.  People say "You look good for having 4 kids in 5 years."  That, to me, sounds a lot like "yeah, you're fat, but you have an excuse."  Just being honest.

10. I worry about weird stuff...like when she gets older if Kennedy is going to hate the fact that her name is 3 syllables and the other 3 kids' are only 1 syllable.  Yeah, I know...crazy!

11.  I always excelled in math in school.  Did well in algebra 1 & 2 and geometry and really enjoyed them all.  But, simple math is quite a challenge to me.  Sometimes I have to really think to just make change or figure out a simple math problem.

12. I hope to one day be HALF the cook my mother is.

13.  Got frost bite when I was in high school on the toes on my right foot.  How/When?  During the beginning of the halftime show of a football game - lost my shoe twirling, the grass was wet and it was about 28 degrees.  I finished the show (shoeless), marched to the endzone and had to be carried off the field and taken to the ER.

14. When I entered UCA in the fall of 1992, I had declared a double major of computer science & accounting.  LOL!

3 comments:

Lamar and Rachel Keller said...

Number nine made me laugh outloud because that is exactly what I would hear, too. You are so funny, and I miss you lots!

(and for the record, you look great, whether you have had kids or not...you look great!)

Becke' said...

Love this! Thanks for sharing! I had trouble with 30, also...trying not to think too much about 40 yet.

Your Mom must be some kind of cook! :)

Love the alternating dessert colors. Will be happy to come over and see them, as long as I have a different dessert for each color...I can be your taste tester for your recipe blog! :)

Bubba Jack said...

I remember about your foot!! Funny now, not then....that is why we should have still worn boots!