July 23, 2010

A Muddled Idea

"[Feminism] is mixed up with a muddled idea that women are free when they serve their employers but slaves when they help their husbands." ". --G.K. Chesterton, The Collected Works of G.K. Chesterton, vol. 4, p. 440

Just wanted to share this quote I read on the Girl Talk blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leaves much to be thought about...thanks for sharing!! ;)

Anonymous said...

Leaves much to be thought about...thanks for sharing!! ;)

Savannah B said...

I love that!

I was raised by a single-mother, who was a strong Christian and a bit of a feminist. I have struggled with the concepts of "independent woman" and "submissive wife" and I have come to terms with the fact that as a daughter of Eve, the want to "control" my husband is the thorn in my side, and that only by serving him (while he serves me- as the head of our household) am I truly independent of everything, and that God's will for our marriage is what makes it perfect.

(end run-on sentence).