God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.
Psalm 46:1 (NLT)
Not entirely sure where to go with this post. Hmmm. We'll just see where it goes as I type. It seems that I have a tendency to post about being "overwhelmed". I suppose that feeling is bound to occur when I continually bite off more than I can chew. A home-based business, 2 dogs, 3 blogs, 4 children. I'm sure there's 5, 6 & 7 of something, but you get my point. I find myself feeling like I'm in constant need of help. Oh, but aren't we all?
Regardless of what your list looks like, I'm sure you know the feeling I'm talking about. It's a feeling of wondering what you are going to do next and how in the heck you are possibly going to get it all done. If you're anything like me, you spend entirely too much time worrying about things that never happen. Sometimes I look back and know if I had just focused as much energy on actually being productive as I did on worrying, then WOW!
A couple of weeks ago, while sharing coffee and muffins with a dear friend, I shared a few things with her I have recently learned. I told her I have basically tossed my to-do list. That's not altogether true, but in a sense it is. I still have my to-do list - several of them actually. However, each day I try not to allow those lists to control my actions. I try not to be dependent on them. Early in my day, I try and remember in my conversations with God to ask HIM what HE would like me to accomplish today. Often I ask HIM to guide me through my to-do list. This may sound like an obvious request to some and may be an ah-ha moment to others. This discovery was definitely an ah-ha for me.
So, what has happened as a result of this prayer? The days I let the LORD guide me end with a much more fulfilled Paige. Not only do I feel a greater sense of accomplishment on those days, but I actually managed to get a ton more done. And, the peace...I can't describe to you the amazing peace that comes those days. That constant need for help? It's still there...I just ask GOD for the help and, as always, HE'S there. I have amazing friends and unbelievable family that provide help for me often. BUT GOD...
I like where this post went! God is always a good place to go!




1 comment:
I love this. As a keeper of MANY to do lists and having a similar workload (1 self business, 2 kids, 3 part time jobs, etc.) I understand being overwhelmed. What a great plan to request God to guide each day! I definately need to make some changes... Thank you for this post!
Post a Comment