April 1, 2009

Shep - 20 weeks...

I went to the dr Monday for my 20-week ultrasound to determine the baby's gender and measure for all the possible indications of Downs syndrome and other potential problems due to my age and the number of pregnancies I have had. We found out that IT'S A BOY! That's doesn't have the same ring to it when you heard it 8 weeks ago, does it? he he he. How about this one, IT'S STILL A BOY! Okay, moving on. All of the measurements of brain, brain stem, skull, spine and a ka-jillion other things, showed us that Shep is perfectly normal and healthy...just as we prayed and suspected. Due date is still August 14. I had gained 1.5 lbs so that puts my total weight gain up to 7 lbs. Shep weighed in at 11 ounces and was already showing signs of a typical Condray baby - round face. It was too cute. All four chambers of the heart were healthy and he was moving a LOT. I, however, have yet to feel him move due to the implantation location of the placenta at the rear of the uterus. This is no big deal at all unless he is breech, in which case he cannot be turned and we'll have no choice but to do a section.

4 comments:

Lamar and Rachel Keller said...

All sounds great. I'm so happy for you. And glad you are feeling well, too!

The Sketoes said...

So happy all is well with the fam and Shep and praying that he won't be in a breech position so you can have another normal (are they really ever normal???) birth and speedy recovery!

Little Oak Table said...

yeah! very exciting!

Heather said...

YAY! Isn't it amazing to see all their parts working correctly?!?!? I love seeing that- such evidence of God's miracles!!!
I can't wait to see the canvas! Thanks so much for doing that for me!
Avery Kate will be here soon...and then Shep is right behind her!! Next year at school we will both have sweet little babies!!! :) God is so good!