June 26, 2009

In the kitchen...

Okay, so in these last few weeks of pregnancy, I must admit if I get one decent meal on the table each week, then I am doing pretty good. By the time I start cooking in the afternoon, I am already tired and then by the time the food actually makes it to the table, I am exhausted. (I'm thinking I need to do some crock pot meals in the coming weeks) So, I'll try to keep some decent "In the kitchen..." posts going, but please realize that some (or all) of the meals you read about may have been prepared by some kind soul (my mother or MIL), by some large manufacturing facility (frozen food), or by a local restaurant (fast food or sit-down). BUT, I will most definitely try to give credit where credit is due.

This past week's dinner menu:

Monday - pork steak fingers, new potatoes in a cream sauce, fried squash, asparagus (I did the bulk of this one, then my wonderful husband came home and finished up everything so I could sit for a while.)

Tuesday - fried eggs (husband), sausage, bacon, biscuits (me)

Wednesday - Sonic, mostly from the "everyday value menu", corn dogs, tots, fries, chicken strips, onion rings

Thursday - goulash (Janey), green salad (me: because I could sit at the bar while I put it together)

Friday - manicotti, more green salad & Parmesan/garlic bread sticks; I'm sure all of this will be a team effort as well

No comments: