I like my friend Nic's title for a recent post about her home and their lives. I think I might make this title a standard on my list of posts. All too often we post the cute pics, the touchy-feely stories, and all the "good" stuff that is going on in our homes, yet fail to mention the REAL side of our lives. We always assume other people have everything together and we are the only ones falling apart. That's only because no one else is sharing with you the truth about their life...the ugly ones...the truths that you know about your own life. So, today I am sharing some truths about my life with you.
The bar in the kitchen. This is a catch-all in our house. It drives me nuts on a good day. We ALL dump our stuff there and honestly, I am probably the worst. Go figure!
The sink full of dishes that wouldn't fit in the dishwasher. Most mornings this is what our sink looks like.
The countertop to the right of the sink where I left the formula can out and dropped off my Target purchases for today (because there was SO MUCH STUFF on the bar that there was no room).
The trash (in a bag and in a box) piled by the laundry room door. Cary will take it out when he gets home from work. Although, by that time, there may be another bag or two.
The dining table, chairs all awry. Chairs not in place also drives me CRAZY. Stuff got put up and table got cleared after lunch, but what you don't see are all the crumbs on the table that I have yet to clean.
Couch, and coffee table, in the living room covered with laundry so you can't even see my cute new pillows that I bought for 80% OFF at Kohl's the other day.
Recliner filled with kids' coats. That's one of the many different places they get thrown when they come in the door.
Loveseat: blanket I used at midnight to cover Shep and I in the recliner while I tried to comfort him back to sleep; where Shep's blanket and burp rag were thrown when I took him out of his carseat; Kennedy's coat.
My side of the bed in the master.
His side of the bed in the master...notice I haven't yet made the bed today either.
One end of the master.
Where I dropped the toilet paper when I ran in to the master bath. Just trying to get it out of the way in the living room, but this is as far as I made it with the TP. Before I typed this though, I did manage to get the TP put away.
Master bath room vanity top where I left my stuff out this morning when I was in a rush to get the kids to the doctor.
The office: It has been cleaned and organized a countless number of times and friends have even helped with the task. Yet, it always ends up right back this in a short time.
The desk top where I blog and Cary prepares for sermons. This should NOT look like this and it drives me nuts.
Let me reiterate that I am NOT pointing the finger at my family as a LOT of this mess is mine too. However, we just need better systems in place and I haven't figured out those systems yet. OR the ones we have obviously don't work. HELP! I am open for suggestions/advice OR maybe a professional organizer!



3 comments:
You know I love you =)
AND I got some pillows for the couch at Kohls for 80% off!! To bad the laundry is covering them up!!
You're not the only one like this. I think I could take identical shots of our house on any given day.
I LOVE IT!!! You ROCK!
Catching up on blogs tonight-your vday pics were precious :)!
Post a Comment